Medical Statistics is an IDIBAPS platform that provides methodological, statistical and data computerisation support to the research projects of the centre and of similar institutions. Depending on the projects and availability, the platform can offer support to public and private external organisations.
Its main objective is to promote clinical research of excellence and facilitate the obtaining of resources.
The Medical Statistics platform was created in 2007 and currently collaborates in:
- Projects and consultancies: providing service to over 120 users annually across over 240 projects
- Clinical Research networks: ECRIN (European Clinical Research Network) and SCReN (Spanish Clinical Research Network), ISCiii (platform for clinical research units and clinical trials)
- Drug Research Ethics Committee
- Scientific and statistical activities in the scientific and regulatory field:
- CatSalut Advisors, members of the CAMH (Hospital Medication Advisory Council)
- Advisors of the Spanish Medicines Agency (Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios, AEMPS)
- Activities of the European Medicines Agency (European Medicines Agency, EMA) and the Biostatistic Working Group (Biostatistics Working Party, BSWP)
- Publications: Co-authorships in over 300 publications in scientific journals with an accumulated IF > 1500, participation in over 20 publications/year the last five years. Proof-readers of several scientific journals
- Teaching: Master’s degrees and various courses, specifically in Methodology, Statistics and Data Management within the institution and externally. Bachelor's degrees in Medicine, Biomedicine, and Food Sciences and Technology at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)